We’re still in prime beet season right now so any chance we get to add these root veggies into our daily meals, we’ll take it!
Beets are a great root vegetable which is harvested all summer long and through late fall. They are nutrient dense (full of iron!) and turn candy-like when roasted, grilled or steamed. Our family loves to eat them roasted in our easy beet salad. You can add these roasted beets to any green salad to vamp it up and introduce an earthy flavor. Or you could serve them as a side dish to complement any meal. It’s such a simple recipe, with plenty of hands-off time, that is perfect for those busy week night meals.
- 3-4 medium beets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs White Balsamic Vinegar
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Scrub beets to remove any dirt. Trim off tops and bottoms.
- Slice beets into 1/2-inch discs.
- Line a baking pan or piece of foil with parchment paper. Add beets.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Seal with another piece of foil over top.
- Roast in the oven for about an hour at 350 degrees F.
- When beets are tender, remove them from the oven and let cool.
- Transfer beets to a bowl and add white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.