Anybody else in need of a little sweet treat to brighten things up these days?! We’re right there with you so that’s why I am sharing our family’s favorite blondie brownie recipe.
These brownies are such a cozy treat and they pair very well with a hot cup of soothing tea or for a slightly more indulgent snack, some hot chocolate! It’s truly comfort food for the soul.
This recipe is super simple and easily adaptable. If you’re not a fan of pecans, feel free to switch those out for any other nut… or dare we suggest chocolate chips!
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 2 sticks of melted unsalted butter (add a little extra for brushing baking pan)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (add a little extra for dusting)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Toast the pecans in the oven at 350 degrees F (spread pecans on baking sheet and toast until nutty fragrant)
- Chop the pecans once cooled
- Prepare a 9X13 baking dish and brush with butter. Dust it with a bit of flour
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the butter and the 2 cups of sugar until combined
- Add the eggs then whisk until combined. Add the vanilla
- Fold this mixture into the flour mixture with a spatula (do not over mix) then fold in half of the pecans
- Place the batter in the prepared baking dish, spread it and smooth the top with the spatula
- Sprinkle the top with the rest of the pecans
- Bake until golden on the edges, about 25 minutes
- When finished baking, place the dish on a wire rack and let cool before cutting into squares
What do you like to bake when you need something fun to lift the spirts?