We use Salsa Verde as an accompaniment to meals that adds in an extra punch of flavor. We use it over a grilled steak or fish. You can even dab a little into your soup for an extra punch of yum.
The best part is that you can make this ahead, store it in your refrigerator and use it throughout the whole week!
- 1 avocado
- 1 serrano chili, finely chopped or jalapeno pepper
- ¼ medium white onion
- 8 tomatillos, husk removed and quartered
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Scoop the Avocado into a blender.
- Add the onion, chiles, tomatillo, cilantro, lemon juice.
- Blend together until smooth and season with salt.